COACH EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Welcome to State Volleyball NSW Coach Education & Development section. Here you will find links to information and resources to assist in the education and development of New South Wales indoor and beach volleyball coaches. State Volleyball NSW is responsible for co-ordinating the relevant paperwork and educational courses, for NSW coaches to be recognised by Volleyball Australia (VA) and the Australian Sports Commission's National Coach Accreditation Scheme (NCAS). All information and documents can be found throughout of this page.
Every coach MUST have the proper active VA coaching accreditation for each of the following program & event:
- For Australian Volleyball Schools Cup (AVSC) - Minimum Foundation Coach Level 1 accreditation.
- For Spikeroos - Minimum Foundation Coach Level 1 accreditation.
- For State Junior Beach Volleyball (AJBVC) - Minimum Talent Development Coach Level 2 accreditation.
- For State Junior Indoor Volleyball (AJVC) - Minimum Talent Development Coach Level 2 accreditation.
*All teachers / coaches who teach/coach youth should have minimum Foundation Coach Level 1 accreditation.
UP-COMING COACHING COURSES & WORKSHOPS
Differences between Coaching Workshops & Coaching Courses:
• Coaching Courses (Level 1, 2 & 3) are a compulsory element to gain a formal coaching qualification. This is standardized by Volleyball Australia (VA) and delivered in cooperation with each State Volleyball organisations. After attending a course, you become a candidate for the relevant VA accreditation level and will gain the full qualification once all elements have been completed.
• Coaching Workshops (Level 1, 2 & 3) work in parallel to a course and include theoretical and practical sessions aiming to provide additional education. Workshops are independently created and delivered by State Volleyball New South Wales as a professional development opportunity to create better coaches and show additional practical applications. After attending a workshop, you receive a Certificate of Attendance and the hours spent can contribute to your coaching Log Sheet which is a requirement to gain some of the formal coaching qualifications.
Foundation Coaching Course (Level 1)
Date: Always available online
Pre-requisites for this Course are below within Course details.
Cost: $49.50 (plus credit card surcharge)
After registering for course you can find it within your Fortix account in My Courses section. Registrant has 6 months to do online course and secure Level 1 accreditation.
Level 3 Coaching Course (course flyer)
Date: 18-20th OCTOBER 2019
Registration deadline: 6th October, 2019 11:59pm
Cost: $770.00 Incl. GST, Register Here
MAST will cover $370.00 (Incl. GST) of the course fee if you are successful. MAST Info & EOI Application click here
Course Duration: 3 days
WORKSHOP SERIES OF THE NSW COACH DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
In line with national coaching courses, this program is aiming to give deeper practical and theoretical knowledge that will facilitate and benefit coaches who are building their own coaching career. Content is prepared in line with international standards and based on scientific, academic and practical knowledge. This program is divided in three levels and each level has subcategories.
CURRENT FRAMEWORK OF COACHING ACCREDITATIONS AND COURSES
|Course Name||Duration and Prerequisites||Target Audience||Previously Known As|
|Foundation Coach Level 1||4 hours in course work||Junior club, SpikeZone, beginner coaches and teachers||Nil|
|Talent Development Coach Level 2||7 hours in course work, ASC Online Community Coach General Principles & practical coach assessment||Club, assistant state teams and school Honours level coaches||Level 1 NCAS|
|28 hours in course work, ASC Intermediate Coaching General Principles & practical assessment tasks||State teams, AVL, representative teams and potential high performance coaches||Level 2 NCAS|
FOUNDATION COACH (Level 1)
Target Audience: Primary and Secondary School Teachers, Spikezone, Junior Club, Parents.
A coach is accredited as a Volleyball Foundation Coach when they successfully complete the following requirements.
Complete the Online Volleyball Foundation Coach Course.
- This course is delivered through the Volleyball Australia online learning platform and as such is more accessible to entry-level beginner coaches to gain skills and knowledge on how to coach primary school aged children, Spikezone clinics, high school children, lower divisions at clubs and adult beginners.
- Pre-requisites, candidates MUST:
- Be minimum 14 years old to be eligible for this accreditation.
- Have Working With Children Check (WWCC).
- ID number
- WWCC photo/scan
- Have completed the Play by the Rules Courses free online course (sign up and create an account). After completing Play by the Rules Courses download your certificates or your certificates can be found at any time HERE.
- Be a registered member of State Volleyball NSW
Renew Your Foundation Coach Accreditation - Level 1
The Foundation Coach Accreditation lasts for 2 years. The renewal process once expired is just to redo the online course ensuring you have the most up to date information.
TALENT DEVELOPMENT COACH (Level 2)
Target Audience: State League Club, Associations, State Team Assistants, School Honours Level Coaches.
A coach is accredited as a Volleyball Talent Development Coach when they successfully complete the prescribed theoretical (course) and practical components. The candidate must be minimum 16 years old to be eligible for this accreditation.
Complete the Talent Development Coach Course (Level 2)
- This course is delivered through a one-day (7 hrs) face-to-face course and completition of prescribed assessment activities. For coaches who are ready to take on more responsibility and at a higher level. This course includes a practical coaching course and assessment.
- Pre-requisites, candidates for attending course MUST:
- Be a current Level 1 Foundation Coach
- Have completed the ASC Community Coaching General Principles free online course
- Have Working With Children Check (WWCC):
- ID number
- WWCC photo/scan
- Have completed the free online Play by the Rules Courses (sign up and create an account. After completing courses download your certificates or your certificates can be found at any time HERE).
- Have Profile Photo (Image size can be up to 800x800 pixels, 600KB file, format JPG or PNG).
After you attend the Talent Development Coach Course (Level 2)
- You have 1 year to submit your complete application and secure your accreditation,
- You become a Candidate for L2 accredited coach,
- You should receive Certificate of Attendance from State Volleyball NSW,
- You need to complete practical component either:
- To be assessed and competent in 2 training session and 2 games coaching by recognised mentor (an active accredited level 3 coach), OR
- To do a total of 20 hours coaching practice post-course. Of these 20 hours, 6 hours must be supervised by a recognised mentor (an active accredited level 3 coach) who will provide feedback to the candidate on their performance. Click for present active accredited level 3 coaches, this number of coaches will raise in next month because of renewal period.
- Download here Coaching Log Sheet & Level 2 Practical Assessment Forms. Note: All coaching practice must be verified even if it's not supervised in special circumstances. Verification can be provided by a Regional, State or National coaching coordinator, an assessor or mentor, school principal for coaching of school teams or club official for coaching of club teams.
- You need to fill in Coach's Code of Ethics Agreement Form,
- You need to have a minimum SVNSW Officials/Coaches Membership (in case you do not have any kind of player's membership),
- Wait for answer and your Accreditation, it will be sent to your registered e-mail address.
Renew Your Development Coach Accreditation - Level 2
- Coaching CV in PDF file format (please use this CV template),
- Profile Photo (Image size can be up to 800x800 pixels, 600KB file, format JPG or PNG).
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC),
- Play by the Rules Certificates (Child Protection and Harassment and Discrimination Certificates), those are free online courses,
- ASC Community Coaching General Principles Certificate, free online course,
- Filled in Coach's Code of Ethics Agreement Form,
- Current SVNSW Membership number; you can find it within your Fortix profile,
- SVNSW membership receipt (you need to have a minimum SVNSW Officials/Coaches Membership, in case you do not have any kind of player's membership).
Assessment of your CV will be done by SVNSW. In case SVNSW needs more information or references, you'll receive notice.
Register via Fortix HERE.
MASTER COACH (LEVEL 4)
To be determinated
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
What is RPL?
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is the acknowledgment of skills and knowledge obtained through formal training, work experience and/ or life experience. RPL can often "speed-up" the process of becoming an accredited coach and avoid the problem of participants having to unnecessarily repeat learning experience.
Who can apply?
Applicants can apply for RPL if they think that their prior learning and experience enables them to provide evidence to show that they are already competent in the competencies of a particular training program or module.
More useful links about RPL
Contact person: Dr. Mladen Stankovic
Phone number: 0287361264